Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 7 GLISTENING IN THE SAND It was a glorious sunny day and as I walked along the lonely stretch of beach I thought of one of my favorite expressions – “God’s in His Heaven and all’s right with the world.” A gentle breeze whispered to the reeds and rushes along the dunes and I felt a tremendous peace settle over me. I reached my hand above my head to capture the wayward strands of hair blowing before my eyes and it was then I realized that I had lost an earring. Not just any old earring but one of the very special ones given to me by my husband before he died. I quickly lost that sense of peace as I retraced my steps hoping to spot it glistening in the sand. It just was not to be. The tide was coming in and I was certain it had been washed out to sea. I went home saddened and feeling that awful sense of loss not only for my precious earring but whenever I thought of my beloved. A few days later, as I began my daily walk by the sea, I passed an older gentlemen using one of those metal detector devices to scan the sand. He stooped over slowly to pluck an object fro the sand. He looked over at me and said, “Well now, will you look at this? Someone must be missing a beautiful earring.” I was thrilled and told him about my loss a few days before and he just smiled and nodded his head. “Of course he said. I’m not at all surprised. Don’t you realize you’ve just witnessed an angel at work? When all seems useless, we often have our own angel stepping in to help us out. It seems like you have a very special. I bet it’s your late husband working remember to thank him.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

What a beautiful story. I truly believe there are angels at work among us. All you have to do is be open to the possibility to see them.

atozchallenge Dragondreamer's Lair

April 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Georgiana Keogh said...

Or just to listen to them... Don't you get your best ideas when the wind is blowing or a train whistle sounds in the background or a church bell rings in the distance or a bird high in a tree? All angels calling to us I think!

April 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home